Once you have your Long-Range connected, from the menu bar on Create go to Window → Devices. There you will find a list of all ProtoPixel devices added into Create and available in your network. Click on the device you want to configure.
When you access to the configuration, if it’s properly connected you'll see a green bar on the top of the element on the list.
☝️ it will not be able to find a device if it is busy receiving content from Create or if the Long-Range is already assigned as a controller in the mapping. In this case, to be able to find it deactivate it from Create ☝️
Once you are on the Configuration tool, you can start changing settings and testing your installation.
- Pixels per Outlet: This is a mini tool you can use to understand the trade-off between pixels (RGB/RGBW) per outlet and its frame rate per second of the content. By default, the Long-range comes with 600 pixels per outlet, adjust the amount according to your installation.
- Name: Define the name of the Long-Range. It is important to identify it in case you have more than one in your installation.
- Find Controller: By clicking on this button, the LED on your Long-range will turn on and show flashing colors (Blue, green, orange) blinking for a minute. This is handy when you have several Long-range installed and you need to identify one. To stop the LED sequence shown, just press the physical button on your Long-range.
- Network settings: you will find
- Ethernet MAC address (device MAC address: unmodifiable)
- Enable DHCP (enable/disable dynamic IP address)
- Current IP (current device IP 192.168.4.1)
- Static IP (192.168.133.xx) fallback when DHCP doesn’t work. Changes will not be applied until you reboot)
- Subnet Mask (255.255.255.0)
- Testing Mode (enabled/disabled)
- Brightness (brightness level to apply during test mode)
- Channel per Pixel (select the number of channels: 3 channels - 4 channels)
Pattern: Channel run:
- Channel 1: Red
- Channel 2: Green
- Channel 3: Blue
- Channel 4: White
- All Channels
- Ch1+Ch2: red + green
- Ch2+Ch3: green + blue
- Ch1+Ch3: red + blue
- Dynamic: sequence that shows all colors with changing brightness level Test mode
This mode is very useful when installing the Long-range, it allows you to display a number of test patterns through all the outlets.
- Outlets: Select which output you want to test: 1 to 8, or All
- Reboot the device
- Factory Reset: This option will reset the Long-range to the original settings.
☝️ There are some settings that require the Long-range reboot to be applied. The UI will let you know when a reboot is required ☝️
Article is closed for comments.