What is an Element?
Represents a single or a group of Fixtures. The combination of elements allows you to design your mapping using the ProtoPixel Mapping Tool.
There are no limits, you can add and combine as many elements as fixtures you want to map in your project. If you select more than one Element, they will form a group called Zone.
Steps to define an Element from ProtoPixel Mapping Tool
- Open ProtoPixel Mapping Tool, add a Fixture, select it from the Inspector panel, and name it.
- From the inspector panel, make sure the spaces are enabled.
👆🏼 All its individual Elements and/or Zones will be contained in the Global Space. 👆🏼
Elements and Zones Controls
Once you have defined and named your zones and elements, you can start configuring them from the Spaces App.
Open Spaces App from the menu bar by selecting Window > Spaces (you can do it side by side).
The elements or Zones that you create from the Mapping Tool will appear in the Spaces app.
(1) Tap once on the Element you want to set up.
(2) On-Off button: Switch the option to turn off the content independently.
(3) From Brightness level: you can drag the bar to modify the intensity.
(4) Brightness settings: Set up the transition time of the dynamic content, and set up the glitter size of each color component.
(5) Content Selector: Select to select previously added content options in your Element or Zone.
(6) Parameters: Access the interactive content settings. From here you can adjust the Audio limits, Color setup, and Speed of the content.
(7) Color Mode: From this option, you can adjust the Temperature, the Color from a color wheel palette, or from RGB composition.
Brightness set up:
- Slide the Brightness bar to adjust your preference.
- Tap on Brightness Settings: adjust the brightness of each color component.
Color modes are a handy tool when you want to configure or override how your content looks and feels.
Original: When this mode is active it will use the original color of the content without any modification.
Monochromatic: When selected it will transform the colors using a single tone.
Color: Replace the content for a solid color.
Parameters set up:
- Speed: adjust the speed of dynamic content manually or use the + or - buttons to modify the level.
- Configuration reset option: every 24 hours the content will return to the settings you have saved in the project.
- Turn content layers on-off independently. You will see as many color layers as there are color layers in the selected content.
- Set up each content color by layers: tap once on the color layer to access preferences:
- Temperature and level: slide from left to right on the bar to adjust the levels
- Color: move freely on the color wheel to adjust the desired composition
- RGB: Adjust the composition with exact RGB levels
Color temperature level view. Color temperature level view. Color temperature level view
Interactive Contents set up:
This content requires a camera input to work, either it is the integrated camera in your laptop using ProtoPixel Mapping Tool or an external camera connected as an input to the ProtoPixel Node.
💡 If you are using the camera connected to the Node, you should:
- Set up the device ID. In order to discover the location of your device, you need to connect your camera to the Node.
- Open the Log window of the ProtoPixel Node WebApp or the Log window of ProtoPixel Mapping Tool.
- Tap on List Devices: on the Log page **you will see the port number and the connectivity status of the device.
💡 Do not forget to adjust the resolution according to the camera input! 💡
Speed: set up the speed of dynamic content manually or using the + or - buttons.
Configuration reset option: every 24 hours the content will return to the settings you have saved in the project.
Audio limit: set up Audio Low Limit and Audio High Limit according to sound sensitivity preferences.
Audio trail: modifies the decay intensity of the sound hit by visually affecting the resonance effect.
View of the Parameters of dynamic visual content. View of the Parameters of dynamic visual content
Video Content Parameters:
Play - Pause/resume - Stop: you can quickly control media playback.
Position: view and set up playback location per second.
Loop is allowing the video to play in a repeat mode without skipping to the next.
Volume: Control and measure sound intensity, Pause/resume it independently of the video.
💡 Watch how to create Elements and Zones with ProtoPixel Mapping Tool